Our Home Tour: Downstairs Toilet Reveal


Now we're really starting to make some progress with making our house feel like it actually belongs to us, I thought I'd start to share some of the finished rooms with you.  

Shortly after moving in we decided we'd start with the downstairs toilet because, a: it's tiny, and b: it was really sad in there! It was lilac, which is my least favourite colour in the world, it had dark purple carpet (yeah I know - nasty) and before these photos were taken there were four shelves above the sink and a medicine cabinet above the toilet which made the whole room feel really claustrophobic and dark.





There was also a very nineties (and not in a cool-again-revival way like chokers and space buns) border running around the room which  I took great pleasure in tearing off one night after work!



We wanted a really bright clean space, somewhere that some of our house plant collection could live and where I could indulge my copper obsession without it being too overpowering. We also didn't want to spend too much money as it's not exactly a room we'll be spending much time in! 

I love how it came out! The lilac took a surprisingly long time to cover and we've still got the door and doorframe to finish but it feels SO good to have a whole room exactly how we want it. I'm really pleased with the wall decals which we'd never used before. We had planned to wallpaper the wall behind the toilet but the paper we chose was something like trying to put actual toilet paper on the wall so we gave up and ordered these instead. If it's REALLY warm the edges do lift slightly but otherwise they're perfect!  



I made a little reed diffuser from an antique ink well and some essential oil, and a few of my vintage observer and Harry Potter books have found a home in there too. I also planted a few cuttings from a string of pearls plant in a hollowed out seed pod which seem to be doing quite well perched on the window sill. 



I knew I wanted to hang my beloved air plants in here and their hangers were sort of the inspiration for the rest of the room. I made them from some really thin copper tubing and copper wire and hung them with leather cord. Aware that as the plants grow they might become difficult to get in and out of the hangers for watering, I used jewellery findings to link the top of the copper tubes together so the hangers could open. They we're really easy to make but I might write a tutorial if anyone's interested in knowing more? 







What do you think? I sort of want to fill it up with even more plants and have a mini jungle in there. One day we think we'd like to extend this room to fit in a shower cubicle/wet room area too but for now we're concentrating on making the rest of the house as happy as this tiny space is! 

Here's where everything came from:

Blind: Ikea
Flooring: Homebase
Wall Decals: CGHome - Etsy 
Shelf Brackets (sprayed with copper spray paint): All Things Brighton Beautiful
Copper Ampersand: Hobbycraft 
Geometric String of Hearts Planter: Isatu Hyde
Copper Mirrors: I bought these in Cornwall but you can find similar here
Wall Hooks: Mica Rica - Etsy
Light Fitting: Ebay  
Towel Rail/Shelf: I made this from an upside down Ikea spice rack and a piece of copper pipe - you can find my tutorial here 

13 comments

  1. It looks absolutely fantastic! Love the lightness and airiness that it now has, with the white walls and bare floor really opening up the space. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the house! C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We're so happy with how it came out. I can't wait to feel as happy with the rest of the house! x

      Delete
  2. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. SpecifiedBy Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey your collection is outstanding; I never see such a type of collection before. Thanks for sharing it with us. Keep it up. Student Part Time Jobs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The layout is definitely amazing....I love it... Its my pleasure that I got an opportunity to comment on this post. Baby Care Tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drying techniques and drying equipment today is significantly better than what was available even 5 years ago.

    Water Damage Cleanup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have used a lot of juicers in the past and Click the Following Page I created this blog to help juice lovers make the right decision in choosing the type of juicer that best fit their needs. There are several good masticating juicers to choose from. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. Best Composting Toilet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Attractive component of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to say that I get in fact enjoyed account your weblog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing in your augment and even I fulfillment you get right of entry to persistently fast. www.jazzispas.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the event another person bores to tears, your current hurting can be short-lived. With breast augmentation in aventura the conclusion from the event, people meet up with people that tickled the nice as well as proceed from there. Should you don’t connect with any one a person clicked by using, there is no pressure therefore you can certainly merely move household plus go to your next session. This is certainly turning out to be an extremely favorite technique for singles, and in many cases people who could model it and perhaps visit ‘as the joke’ as well as with a dare find yourself enjoying by themselves. www.cxkuge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. one thing that i like about the blog could be that the information is very helpful and keeps one informed on issues related to politics.  visit Website

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will see that these will make your bathroom look superior to anything you expected and you satisfied to get into your bathroom. Change something in your in bathroom! Change the shade of your shower curtains!shower curtain size standard

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys are writing some Amazing tips. Thanks for sharing this. Totally Awesome Post Please Keep Posting Regularly.
    echobeat earbuds review, chargeboost reviews, liporing review , doc socks, livewave antenna review

    ReplyDelete