Leah Reena Goren (All the cats!)

On a recent trip to London, I bought myself a new cat mug from Anthropologie, which has quickly become my favourite and has cropped up in more than one Instagram post since...




Until we got our cat Pastry, I was definitely not a cat person and would have probably been put off by something with cats on it. Not any more it seems! I know everyone with a cat would probably think the same, but some of those little illustrations really do look like Pastry, especially the one in the bottom...


While I was washing it up the other day, I noticed the name of the designer, Leah Reena Goren on the bottom and wondered what else she'd done. It turns out quite a lot! She's been involved in lots of illustration and surface pattern projects for various shops, magazines and publishers, and also has an online shop, and etsy shop!

I have fallen in love with everything, particularly the items featuring cats, here are some of my favourites...


Cat Pin (sold out...wahh)






Mini Cat Ring Dish (Also Sold Out)

I love Leah's sketchy, painterly illustration style, and there's so much life and movement in her simple pieces which often feature very few colours. I enjoy how sometimes the negative space in her paintings become important parts of the piece, tubes of paint, surfboards or the white fur of a cat. Have a look at Leah's blog to see what I mean.  

2 comments

  1. typical that the dish and the pin are sold out, they're the best ones! though the tote bag is good - could see you rocking that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I really want that cat pin!! I'm definitely going to keep checking back for it! x

      Delete