Curiouser and Curiouser...

So my little sister passed her driving test last week, and as a special present, and seeing as she's getting pretty good at baking, I decided to set her up a little cake business - Curiouser Cakes.

This started out as a blog, then an email address, then business cards, then I just got totally carried away with the whole thing, and made leaflets and a recipe book and all sorts. My favourite find is the tea party cookie cutter set - I particularly like the wonky french fancy, and I think some earl grey teapot shortbread might be in order too! 


Her favourite part was the three little bags of cupcake picks I made - shown here in some caramel mud cupcakes I made a few days ago.


Caramel Mud Cupcakes, Vanilla Buttercream, Silver Balls and Caramelised Cornflakes.

The recipe for these can be found in one of my most favourite cupcake books - Divine Cupcakes by Tamara Jane. They're full of golden syrup and white chocolate which makes them dense, fudgy, and almost brownie like.  The buttercream went a bit slidey in the heat, and I burnt my finger with the caramel, but other than that, they were a success - my boyfriends mum even compared them to the ones her other son has just ordered for his wedding - what a compliment!

An update on the earl grey shortbread will surely follow - she loves a challenge does my sister!

x

No comments